To conduct a chemical structure search for an N-substituted quinoline derivative.
A US based specialty chemicals manufacturer.
What Stellarix did
- A basic understanding of the structure was developed. Based on the understanding of the structure, the backbone of the structure was identified and a structure query was created.
- A preliminary search was conducted in various patent databases available at STN to see the kind of results returned.
- Based on our understanding from the preliminary search, a full search was conducted on CAS, REGISTRY and MARPAT.
- The search results were filtered in order to eliminate all the non-related references.
- The set of patents were analyzed in detail to shortlist the patents most closely related to the structure.
- The details and the relevant structure and text of the references that were related to the structure were presented in a report.
How the client used the study
The client received a comprehensive list of patents disclosing the structure which were similar to the structure of the derivative being searched for.